- Appointment: Your physician will advise you when to schedule your next follow-up appointment after your surgery.
- Activity: Limit physical activity for three days.
- Medication: A prescription for pain medication may be given. Please take as directed. If you do not need the prescribed medication and want to take an over-the-counter medication, you may use over-the-counter acetaminophen (Tylenol) as needed, do not exceed 4000 mg per day, total. Use of ibuprofen may be allowed, please ask your physician before use.
- Diet: A normal diet may be resumed after anesthesia has worn off. It is essential that you drink an adequate amount of fluids.
- Temperature: If temperature is over 101 degrees orally, please call the office.
- Additional Information: You should not blow your nose for approximately five days. Inceased mucous production is normal and part of the healing process. There may be a bad odor to your breath until healing has occurred. It does not mean there is an infection and should go away in 7-10 days. You may use saline nasal spray or a saline rinse to help moisten the mucous.
PLEASE DO NOT HESTITATE TO CALL OUR OFFICE IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR PROBLEMS: (410) 760-8840