Insertion of Pressure Equalizing Tubes
1. Appointment: Your physician will advise you when to schedule your next follow-up appointment after your surgery.
2. Activity: Normal activity may be resumed after surgery.
3. Medication: You may be instructed by your physician to use eardrops after surgery, follow the directions on the prescription or post op instruction sheet from the surgery center or hospital. A small amount of drainage from the ear for 2-3 days after the procedure is normal. If there is excessive drainage or drainage after 5 days please contact the office. Ear tube placement is painless once the procedure is done. It is not uncommon for your ear to feel different for awhile after the procedure.
4. Diet: A normal diet may be resumed after surgery.
5. Temperature: If temperature is over 101 degrees orally, please call the office.
6. Additional Information: After the tubs are placed you can bathe normally, there is no need for earplugs or cotton balls. Refrain from placing your head under water while in the bath tub. it is okay for you to go under water while in chlorinated pools, salt water pools or spring pools. You should wear earplugs when swimming in the ocean. You should avoid swimming in any lakes, ponds or rivers.
PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO CALL OUR OFFICE IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR PROBLEMS: (410) 760-8840